It will be a full house as state and local officials address community concerns and provide an update on government activities at this year’s annual “Government Reports Breakfast,” sponsored by the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce, on Thursday, October 27 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the Crest Hollow Country Club, 8325 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury.
Babylon Town Supervisor Steve Bellone and Suffolk County Treasurer Angie Carpenter, who are both running for Suffolk County Executive, will provide Opening Remarks at the event. Following the opening, each attendee will have an opportunity to enjoy an intimate roundtable discussion with local elected officials including:
• Kyle Strober, Long Island Director for United States Senator Charles E. Schumer
• Tracie Holmberg, Deputy Chief of Staff for United States Congressman Steve Israel
• Scott Maretta, Regional Director for New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo • New York State Senator Carl L. Marcellino
• New York State Senator John Flanagan
• New York State Assemblyman Andrew Raia
• New York State Assemblyman James Conte
• Suffolk County Legislator Steven Stern
• Suffolk County Legislator Jon Cooper
• Suffolk County Legislator Lou D’Amaro
• Huntington Town Supervisor Frank Petrone
• Huntington Town Councilman Mark Cuthbertson
• Huntington Town Councilwoman Susan A. Berland
• Huntington Town Councilwoman Glenda Jackson
• Huntington Town Councilman Mark Mayoka
• Huntington Town Clerk Jo-Ann Raia
• Huntington Receiver of Taxes Ester Bivona
• Huntington Superintendent of Highways William Naughton
“Having the opportunity to interact one-on-one with elected officials at our Government Reports Breakfast is something extremely unique for our Chamber members,” said Robert Bontempi, Chamber Chairman. “This event gives our members the opportunity to discuss the issues that are affecting them face-to-face with a wide representation from local, state and national government. The Chamber remains dedicated to serving the needs of its members through flagship events like this.”
Seating is limited and is reserved for the first 150 individuals with tickets, which cost $45 for Huntington Chamber members and $60 for non-members. Tables will be reserved in advance and the local officials will each spend approximately 7 minutes at each table as they rotate from table to table to meet each patron in attendance.
Sponsors to date include Verizon, JVKelly Group, Inc., North Shore Financial Group, Blue Sea Construction, Digho Arts, Ten Haagen Financial Group, Nightingale PR, Community National Bank and Molloy College.
Media Sponsors are Village Tattler, Newsday, Village Connection, Huntington Times, Huntington Buzz, and Long Islander.
For more information or to reserve a seat, contact the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce at (631) 423-6100 or visit www.huntingtonchamber.com.