Second Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an underage alcohol sting operation of 10 businesses. Some of the businesses were chosen in response to community complaints while others were randomly selected. Three of the businesses were found to be in violation of the law.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree for selling alcohol to minors:
- Robert Weiss, 51, employed by The Grog Shop, 185 Depot Road, Huntington Station
- Rafael Tineo, 41, employed by the Huntington Deli, 1548 New York Ave., Huntington Station
- Yilmaz Biyik, 69, employed by Citgo Groceries, 1811 New York Ave., Huntington Station
The above people were issued a Field Appearance Ticket and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following seven businesses complied with the New York State law and refused the sale of alcohol to a minor:
- Compruebe Deli and Grocery, 1415 New York Ave., Huntington Station
- Mishael Grocery Corp., 1454 New York Ave., Huntington Station
- Yary’s Deli, 74B E. Pulaski Road, Huntington Station
- Los Cercadillos Grocery, 184 Depot Road, Huntington Station
- Jenny’s Deli, 1044 New York Ave., Huntington Station
- Hola Central American Deli, 1541 New York Ave., Huntington Station
- Express Convenience Stop, 953 New York Ave., Huntington Station
The operation was part of an ongoing effort by the Suffolk County Police Department to ensure compliance of laws pertaining to the sale of alcohol.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.