Subscribe to our newsletter

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Fireplace Ignites House in Greenlawn

 

Fireplace Ignites House in Greenlawn. Photo by Steve Silverman.

Fireplace Ignites House in Greenlawn. Photo by Steve Silverman.

Volunteers from the Greenlawn Fire Department responded to a house fire on Clay Court, Saturday night, September 26, at about 11:40 p.m. Firefighters found an active fire in the wall caused by the fireplace. The fire was quickly extinguished with damage confined to the walls around the fireplace. Approximately 30 Greenlawn firefighters responded with five trucks and an ambulance, and were led by Assistant Chiefs Mike Bellis and Joe Costanza.  Standby coverage was provided by an engine from the East Northport Fire Department, and an ambulance from the Centerport Fire Department.  The Town of Huntington Fire Marshal is investigating, and no injuries were reported.

                                                                       

 

Read our Comment Tips & Rules

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>