The 19th Annual Long Island Fall Festival, the area’s most anticipated community event will take place during Columbus Day weekend. This spectacular festival, held on the 25 acres of Heckscher Park in Huntington, New York, will feature fun-filled festivities for the whole family with hundreds of attractions, global cuisine, a world-class carnival, over 300 vendors and 4 days of live performances. The festivities begin Friday, October 5th from 3 – 10 pm. The festival continues on Saturday, October 6th and Sunday, October 7th from 11 am-10 pm (carnival, music and park food court will remain open until 10pm) and Monday, October 8th from 11am-5pm (carnival, in-park vendors and food court only). Festival highlights this year will include:
Stop by Verizon Island and check out the following great events:
- Snapple Tastings
- A high school band will perform Saturday at noon
- Island Harvest - Coin Harvest Campaign
- Robert Petrone from FiOS 1′s Restaurant Hunter will be doing a “live” taping on Saturday
- Eden Grinshdan of “Eden Eats” from the Cooking Channel 1-4 pm (interview on the Chapin stage/meet & greet under the big red Verizon tent)
- “Guest it, to get it raffle” (guess the weight of the giant Verizon pumpkin and win a Beetles Rockband Video Game Bundle)
- Tattoo Lou Sunday 1-4pm free air brush tattoos
- Creation Station – autumn crafts for children all weekend
- Home Depot’s Kids Workshops
Grab a hammer and come on down to visit the Kid’s Workshop. While the kids are busy building their projects, visit with the in-home services experts to discuss all your household needs.
- Shop ‘til You Drop
Hundreds of vendors, including local artists & craftsmen will line Prime and Madison Avenues (adjacent to Heckscher Park).
- Farmer’s Market and Petting Zoo
Decker’s Nursery and Florist of Greenlawn has plenty of children’s activities to enjoy… Pony Rides, Petting Zoo, a Corn Maze, and Bean Bag Toss, as well as Pumpkin Painting! Come join the garden center rewards program and receive a chance to win a brand new BBQ Grill.
- World- Class Carnival
Children of all ages will spin, swirl and sway on the exhilarating rides in this thrilling World Class Carnival. Carnival hours are Friday, 3-10pm; Saturday & Sunday 11am-10pm; Monday, 11am-5pm. Pay-One-Price Wristband $25 or purchase tickets individually. Discount coupons available through the schools, local publications and at village merchants.
- Delicious Food
There will be plenty of food to choose from with two huge international food courts! You’ll find all your festival favorites- from roasted corn to funnel cakes- plus a tempting array of delectable dishes.
- BABY CARE LOUNGE (hosted by HappyLittleDays.com)
For our youngest Festival guests, we have a new Baby Care Lounge where you can bring your parents to relax, eat and play. The Lounge includes:
- Clean and safe changing tables
- Relaxing & private spaces for feeding
- Play mats with toys for babies and crawlers to roll and stretch
- Visit Huntington Village Merchants
The Festival Shuttle from the Huntington Train Station now makes a stop in Huntington Village so our guests can take advantage of the many shops and restaurants in the Village. Many merchants are offering a significant discount that weekend. Coupons are available in local publications, at the Festival and on the Festival website: www.lifallfestival.com
And There’s So Much More!!
- Beer & Wine Tent with Flat screen TV’s to watch the games
- Sons of Italy Columbus Day Parade Sunday at 12:30 pm. Meatball eating contest at 3:30 pm at the Carnival Sound Stage
- LI Blood Services will host a Blood Drive Saturday & Sunday, 11am-6pm.
- Remote control boat races in Heckscher Pond.
- Theresa Guidice of Real Housewives of New Jersey appearance and autograph signing at Milania Hair Care near Heckscher Museum.
To get to the Fall Festival is easy — If you are driving, there is FREE parking at the Huntington Train Station with shuttle service to and from the festival on Saturday and Sunday, 11am to 6 pm. The shuttle will include a stop in Huntington Village so that everyone can take advantage of the shops and restaurants with many places offering special discounts. The fee for a round-trip shuttle ride is $1.00.
For more information about the Festival call 631-423-6100 or visit the website www.lifallfestival.com