Suffolk County Police, New York State Police and New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police arrested 13 people during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station from last night, Friday, July 13, at 11:10 p.m. through early Saturday morning at 3:00 a.m.
The three agencies conducted a sobriety checkpoint on southbound Route 110 in Huntington Station. This operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while intoxicated. A total of 662 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- David Knesich, 35, of 15 Goldfield St., Melville
- Timothy Deegan, 43, of 10 Warrenton Court, Huntington
- Juan Crespin, 35, of 63 Tower St., Huntington Station
- Cecelia Symes, 41, of 23 Elgin Road, Amity Harbor
- Justina Kabala, 20, of 3125 Tibbett Ave., Apt. 2B, Bronx
- George LaFlare, 30, of 215 South 14th St., Lindenhurst
- Patricia Cahill, 67, of 75 Boulevard Ave., Greenlawn
- Carlos Miranda, 31, of 118 East 3rd St., Huntington Station
- Marc Brenner, 55, of 10 Wood Ave., Greenlawn
- Kyle Seliger, 21, of 26 Village Way, Smithtown
- David Guardado, 28, of 18 East 19th St., Huntington Station
- Anthony Long, 24, of 12 Homewood Lane, Dix Hills
Barry Tuma, 48, of 723 Keith Lane, West Islip, was arrested for Driving While Ability Impaired by the Combined Influence of Drugs and Alcohol. Tuma was also charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7thDegree and Unlawful Possession of Marijuana as a result of a detection by a Suffolk County Canine Drug Detection dog.
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on July 14.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.