Since the Village Tattler is community-powered, our goal is to keep the comments as civil and constructive as possible. You can help by clicking the “report comment” link if you see comments you feel cross the line as well as clicking “thumbs up or down” to rate comments. The more times a comment is reported, the more likely it will disappear.
You don’t need to register to post a comment. While you can help keep discussions under control, we also have some comment rules:
1. Do not use obscene or offensive language, especially when directed toward someone else. Be respectful. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or in violation of the law. Do not hijack a comment thread with repetitive, inflammatory posts.
2. We’re particularly strict about any comments with racist or homophobic language. They will be deleted and the commenter may be banned.
3. Tell the truth. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered libelous, defamatory or false.
4. Respect the privacy of others. Do not harvest or otherwise collect names, email addresses or other identifying information from other participants. Do not post anyone’s personal information.
5. Don’t misrepresent yourself as someone else.
6. We also delete all comments containing business solicitations or other advertising of personal interests, blogs, facebook or websites.
We do not edit reader-submitted content. If you notice a comment that breaks the rules, please click on the “report comment” link. If it’s in violation, it will be deleted and the commenter may be banned.
Thank you for your help,